To apply the long leg circular cast, the following materials are needed:
- A stockinette, or tubular gauze bandage
- Cotton wool, or dedicated under-cast padding
- Plaster-of-Paris bandages, which come in rolls of varying widths
- Plaster slabs, generally five layers thick, and available in differing
- Water, or another wetting agent
The water should be tepid, or lukewarm, with an ideal temperature between
22° and 25° C.
It should be noted that colder water, or a bandage that is wetter, will
allow for an increased working time, while warmer water, or a bandage that is
drier, reduces the working time.