List, in order, each step of your planned procedure
Finally review the step-by-step list to:
- Confirm plan
- List equipment and implants
- Consider potential problems and solutions
- Share the plan with other members of the operative team – including nursing staff, radiographic technician, and anesthesia staff.
- Minimizing the amount of additional soft tissue damage and operative blood loss is important. Efficient use of surgical time is required to avoid excessively long procedures.
- Sufficient blood replacement must be available. Intraoperative blood salvage should be considered.