Alternative: indirect reduction with the plate
In minimally displaced fractures, the fracture can be reduced with the
plate. To do this, follow these steps:
- Determine the position of the plate as described above.
- Drill the first hole as close as possible to the fracture line, using a 3.2
mm drill bit. (Alternatively, this hole can be drilled before fracture
- Measure for screw length using a depth gauge and add 4 mm for the
- Tap using the 4.5 mm tap and appropriate drill sleeve.
- Apply the plate and tighten the screw.
This usually reduces the fracture.