ORIF - cannulated lag screws
Indication summary: Large fragment, good bone quality, low demand patient
Displaced fractures should be fixed with lag screws, which can be cannulated.
In poor bone stock, or more vertical fracture planes a buttress plate is added to enhance stability.
- All medial sagittal split fractures
- Patient not medically fit for surgery
- Direct articular surface reduction
- Early mobilization of the knee joint
- Lower incidence of osteoarthritis
- Risk of knee joint stiffness
|Basic surgical experience, no specialized skills|
|Some specialized surgical experience|
|Highly experienced and skilled surgeon|
|Basic equipment only|
|Simple surgical and imaging resources|
|Full specialized surgical and imaging resources|