- Supine position for casting
Before treatment discuss the following information with the patient/parents/carers:
- Nature of the injury
- The chosen treatment and why a particular treatment is selected
- Alternative treatments
- Expected healing time
- Functional recovery
Personnel need to know and confirm:
- Consent form, completed and signed
- Site and side of fracture
- Condition of soft tissues
- Patient positioning
- Comorbidities, including allergies
Position the patient supine. The forearm may be held by an assistant or placed in finger traps.
If tubular bandage is to be used, position it before applying finger traps.